CALIFORNIA NOTICE FOR JOB APPLICANTS
In compliance with the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), Textron Inc. (“Textron”) is providing you with this Notice for Job Applicants (“Notice”) to inform you about:
- The categories and types of Personal Data Textron collects about employees or applicants who reside in California; and
- The purposes for which Textron uses your Personal Data
“Personal Data” is information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a natural person that Textron collects about its applicants who reside in California.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
In the course of your potential employment with Textron, we may collect the following categories and types of Personal Data. This information may be used for the following identified purposes during the employment life cycle.
- Identifiers and Professional or Employment-Related Information
- Identifiers: Name, nickname or alias, postal address, telephone number, and email address
- Professional or Employment-Related Information: membership in professional organizations, professional certifications, licensure information, name of university/school attended, writing samples, and employment history
- Recruiting: To evaluate applicants’ qualifications for employment with Textron, to conduct conflicts checks, to communicate with applicants, to arrange and manage job fair and recruiting events, for record keeping purposes, and to demonstrate applicants’ agreement to, or acceptance of documents presented to them (e.g. pre-employment arbitration, acknowledgment of employment application, offer letter)
- Protected Classifications under California or Federal Law
- Gender and ethnicity: As necessary to comply with legal obligations, including: the reporting requirements of the federal Equal Employment Opportunity Act (EEOC), the federal Office of Contracting Compliance Programs (applicable to government contractors) and California’s Fair Employment and Housing Act and to report on diversity and inclusion.
- Education Information
- Academic transcripts: To evaluate applicants’ qualifications for employment with Textron and pre-employment background checks
- Profile Data
- Inferences drawn from personal data to create a profile reflecting applicant’s intelligence, abilities and aptitudes: To evaluate applicants’ qualifications for employment with Textron
Textron may also use personal data to facilitate administrative functions, information technology operations, and corporate transactions, and for legal reasons. These functions include:
- To manage litigation and other legal disputes and inquiries involving Textron and to meet legal and regulatory requirements
- In connection with a corporate transaction, sale or assignment of assets, merger, divestiture, or other changes of control or financial status of Textron or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates; and
- To manage licenses, permits and authorizations applicable to Textron’s business operations
INFORMATION ABOUT OTHER INDIVIDUALS
If you provide us with personal data of a reference or any other individual as part of the employment life cycle, it is your responsibility to inform them of this Notice and obtain consent from that individual prior to providing the information to Textron
If you have any questions related to this notice, please contact TFCCustomerService@textronfinancial.com